Monday, March 17, 2008

A Pretty Good Little Saturday!

When I find the camera cord, I'll post the pic...Walker sitting at the edge of his La-Z-Boy, mouth open. What enthralling film, you ask? Transformers.

Saturday we had a leisurely breakfast at Cracker Barrel, then a long walk in the woods with the girls. We saw a big snake at the end, but it didn't deter us. We spent an hour or so cleaning out flower beds (thanks to the previous owners for having low-maint plants!) It was time for lunch, but we weren't especially hungry, so we made smoothies...then added rum. We laid in the sun and went to dinner fairly early so we could sit out by the water and watch the sunset. I would say we were home and asleep by 10. May not be exciting to you, but life moves a little slower down here by the ocean.

Walker has a big week with his OS gone for 2 days, 2 tennis matches and the prez of the company coming Wednesday for a tour and dinner. I have Friday off, so we're going to the lake to do some work. Speaking of days...my students could not be more entertaining these days. I have 80 13-15 year olds, all trying to do as little as possible, some trying to learn something in the process. As you would expect, they are so honest in telling me how I look (oooh Mrs. Roth has on her big hoop earrings OR Mrs. Roth, you look a mess today!), and how I say dorky little things a lot (it's funny, Mrs. Roth.) I will say they repeat a lot of my little sayings (waiting on you, Christmas...Eeeaassssy there, cowboy...DUDE!...some of the faves.) All in all so sweet and funny. You're catching me on a good day-who knows what tomorrow will bring. That's what I love about middle school! Take a sec to think about how you were back in those days!

1 comment:

carmen said...

i hated middle school! what a terrible emotional and insecure age! good to see another update. so jealous you are already laying in the sun and get to drink rum. miss ya!!